Pages

Monday, February 2, 2015

That Didn't Happen

So you may have noticed that I never posted about the results of my last tournament… Yeah, that’s because we didn’t win. Whoops. But there is always next time right? Of course I’m right. Here’s the thing though, we lost to the one person we vowed not to: none other than a former coach, Bob. We hated this coach, and hated losing to him even worse. You see, the reason for such a deeply rooted dislike for this particular coach is, well his nickname among the players was Boner Bob if that helps to make it clear. Now I had played up with his team my first and second years on Elevate, due to that I had actually become comfortable around him as a coach. Mainly because I liked his tactics: first off, you’re here to play, so show up ready for the game. Second, this is a sport not a beauty show, so stop constantly worrying about how you look. And third, if you want a playing spot you have to earn it. However this was before he started coaching my age group as much.

As Bobby became more involved with girls on my team and the B team, the rumors started. Given that I had never experienced him doing this I didn’t believe it, but then there came the tournament when it happened. After that season however, no one had seen or heard from him, until the invites for the new club he was starting. Unfortunately, we lost a couple of players to him, those traitors!

Aaanyway, enough about the creepy coach. This time, we were gonna get GOLD!! 


My team after taking second in the gold bracket


We did get to the gold bracket, we just didn’t win it. We lost to Apex by less than ten points between both of the games in the match. You don’t understand how pissed I was for every point I gave up. I’m really competitive and I had a deeply rooted need to beat this team as a recovery from last time… That didn’t happen. 


But I did walk away with my medal first medal of 2015, and I can’t wait to sontinue my collection on the fourteenth! (I know, it’s Valentine’s Day. I apologize now to my boyfriend, Dillon)

No comments:

Post a Comment