Pages

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Kinda Disapointing

Heads up now… This is a RANT.

So after attending my track practice this Monday, I found that I WAS invited to the last meet! I just didn’t know because I never got the email with my invitation. I also found out that I have qualified to throw javelin and nearly made times to run the 200 and girls 4x400 relay for the Pineview meet. I am SO CLOSE!

The event Schedule for the Pineview meet I qualified for, courtesy of the coaches email on Monday.



But here’s the catch, even with those new achievements under my belt, I can’t go. Why, you may ask, because I have my last freaking two day tournament (of the regular season) on the SAME DAYS as the meet! Talk about misfortunate, I wanna run AND play, don’t make me choose, that just ain’t cool dude.
My track coaches know that I had a prior commitment to volleyball but I still really want to compete in track so you can bet your boots I’m gonna haul ass in this Wednesday’s meet. I need to prove that I can set a new personal record and make up for not making it to last Saturday’s meet. I’m taking this as the chance to truly KICK ASS in the 400, which is my best race.



That is, until today… I ran my worst time for my best race. I got a seventy-two second 400 and in the process strained my leg and made the last 200 absolute Hell to run. I walked off the track today with a limp, but hey, I finished. On the downside, however, I had to drop my Open 200 and go home before the girls 4x400 due to the fact that I could no longer put enough pressure on my right leg even to walk, which meant running was out of the question. So I finished the day with my best accomplishment being that I got checked out by multiple guys from both Park City and others schools at the meet. And to be honest, even that was kinda disappointing.

No comments:

Post a Comment