Pages

Sunday, May 10, 2015

How I've Changed

Well, it’s been a year. Y’all have listened to me speak total gibberish about volleyball, track, red contacts, and Dillon’s Starbucks membership. Now I’m supposed to look back and reflect on how I’ve changed. Yikes.

I guess firstly I could name the more obvious and less interesting points… 
  • I broke up with the guy I had been dating about a month before our one year anniversary
  • I got about 3/4 inch taller
  • I was classified as ‘too short’ to be an outside hitter
  • I tried to juggle two sports in the same season
Not super impressive, but I also...
  • Made a region qualifying time for track as freshman
  • Qualified with my volleyball team for a major tourney in Vegas
  • Switch positions to libero and, as my coaches say, ‘found a new home’




A photo of my brother and I roughly a year ago
Super cute, right?
Taken earlier this year





















Now I could bullshit some bogus ass story about how I matured and grew as a person over this past year, but why would I? Anyone who’s ever been a freshmen in high school can tell you it’s gonna be challenging, it’s gonna test you, and it’s gonna force you to grow up a bit, but these are the best days of our lives right now. Why on earth would I risk tainting it trying to reflect the past year and evaluate myself as a person? I’ll pass thanks. Like everyone, sometimes I’m awesome and sometimes I suck, that’s the gist. So no, I won’t bore you with a far overused speech on self discovery, Let’s just skip that.


Honestly, I think I can say that this blog probably stated out a bit stronger than it ended. However, it wasn’t as heart wrenching an activity as I had first thought, this little project turned out to be something that I may continue to add to. That is the biggest change I could name in myself from the beginning of this year: I give everything a fair chance, also I do it whole heartedly instead of half assing. Thanks to everything I’ve faced this year, I find myself standing at the start line of a whole new kind of race, and I couldn’t be more excited to run it.

No comments:

Post a Comment